Launch of Australia's National Digital Health Strategy!
4 August 2017 - Health Ministers approve Australia’s National Digital Health Strategy.
To support the uptake of digital health services, the Council of Australian Governments (COAG) Health Council today (4 August 2017) approved Australia’s National Digital Health Strategy (2018-2022).
Digital information is the bedrock of high quality healthcare. The benefits for patients are significant and compelling: hospital admissions avoided, fewer adverse drug events, reduced duplication of tests, better coordination of care for people with chronic and complex conditions, and better informed treatment decisions. Digital health can help save and improve lives.
The Strategy – Safe, seamless, and secure: evolving health and care to meet the needs of modern Australia - identifies seven key priorities for digital health in Australia including delivery of a My Health Record for every Australian by 2018 – unless they choose not to have one.
National Digital Health Strategy Consultation – Update
Thank you for helping shape the future of digital health in Australia.
Find out more about the themes that have emerged from the national consultation on the National Digital Health Strategy and how they have informed the Strategic Priority Areas.
- Download: National Digital Health Strategy Update (PDF, 797kB)
- Download: National Digital Health Strategy Update (Word, 16.1kB)
We have analysed feedback received from 973 online survey responses, 85 written
submissions and over 100 consultation events to identify what Australia wants as the
Strategic Priority Areas for digital health.
List of written submissions
- Abernethy Healthy Lifestyle Association (PDF, 273kB)
- Aboriginal Health Service - Tasmania (PDF, 107kB)
- Allied Health Professions Australia (PDF, 485kB)
- Alzheimer's Australia (PDF, 269kB)
- Asthma Australia (PDF, 340kB)
- Australasian College of Emergency Medicine (PDF, 382kB)
- Australasian Telehealth Society (PDF, 840kB)
- Australia and New Zealand Health Procurement Roundtable (PDF, 548kB)
- Australian and New Zealand College of Anaesthetists (PDF, 216kB)
- Australian Association of Practice Management (PDF, 243kB)
- Australian College of Nursing (PDF, 627kB)
- Australian College of Rural & Remote Medicine (PDF, 307kB)
- Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (PDF, 774kB)
- Australian Institute of Health and Welfare (PDF, 1.39MB)
- Australian Medical Association (PDF, 302kB)
- Australian Nursing and Midwifery Federation (PDF, 412kB)
- Australian Privacy Foundation (PDF, 958kB)
- Australian Prudential Regulation Authority (PDF, 1.40MB)
- Australian Research Council (PDF, 670kB)
- Cancer Council Australia and Clinical Oncology Society of Australia (PDF, 288kB)
- Carers Australia (PDF, 518kB)
- Centre For Health Communication And Participation, La Trobe University (PDF, 432kB)
- Consumer Health Forum of Australia (PDF, 249kB)
- Consumers eHealth Alliance (PDF, 249kB)
- CRANAplus (PDF, 153kB)
- Cumberland.au (PDF, 241kB)
- Curtin University (PDF, 457kB)
- Headspace (PDF, 409kB)
- Health Information Management Association of Australia (PDF, 251kB)
- Health Purchasing Victoria (PDF, 595kB)
- National Allergy Strategy (PDF, 283kB)
- National Health Funding Body (PDF, 349kB)
- National Mental Health Commission (PDF, 11.3MB)
- National Rural Health Alliance (PDF, 454kB)
- Northern Queensland Primary Health Network (PHN) (PDF, 406kB)
- NPS MedicineWise (PDF, 325kB)
- NSW Health (PDF, 384kB)
- Pfizer (PDF, 251kB)
- Pharmaceutical Defence Ltd (PDF, 355kB)
- Pharmaceutical Society of Australia (PDF, 217kB)
- Population Health Research Network (PDF, 328kB)
- Royal Australasian College of Physicians (PDF, 112kB)
- Royal Australasian College of Surgeons (PDF, 240kB)
- Royal Australian and New Zealand College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists (PDF, 126kB)
- Royal Australian and New Zealand College of Radiologists (PDF, 331kB)
- Royal Australian College of General Practitioners (PDF, 334kB)
- Royal Australian College of Physicians (PDF, 106kB)
- Royal College of Pathologists of Australasia (PDF, 44kB)
- Rural Doctors Association of Australia (PDF, 1.42MB)
- Sax Institute (PDF, 88kB)
- Services for Australian Rural and Remote Allied Health (PDF, 504kB)
- Society of Hospital Pharmacists of Australia (PDF, 226kB)
- St John of God Health Care (PDF, 331kB)
National Digital Health Strategy consultation: What have we learned so far?
Over 1,050 online submissions have been received and more than 3,100 people have attended meetings, forums, workshops, webcasts and town halls across Australia – watch the video!