Delivering better health in Emerald, Qld
The Australian Digital Health Agency, in collaboration with delivery partners and stakeholders, will work with the Emerald community to:
- Connect all healthcare providers in Emerald to the national My Health Record system and train them on how to use it and how it will benefit the community
- Run a digital literacy program for Emerald residents to empower them to take advantage of the benefits of digital health
- Showcase Emerald as a model for building digital health Communities of Excellence that can be replicated across Australia
Communities of Excellence will be delivered and supported locally by the Emerald community. The initiative is being delivered in partnership with the following organisations:
- Central Queensland, Wide Bay, Sunshine Coast Primary Health Network
- Australian College of Rural & Remote Medicine
- Allied Health Professions Australia
- Central Highlands Regional Council
- Queensland Health
- Australian Library and Information Association
My Health Record connections
A key focus is to connect Emerald healthcare providers to the national My Health Record system and help people in Emerald make the best use of it.
"My Health Record is a key ingredient of quality and safe health care. With all your critical information in one place your care provider will be able to assist you to make better decisions about your health and wellbeing. The Communities of Excellence program will enable treating clinicians to coordinate and communicate in more timely and consistent ways to ensure that your health is a priority, and when you or your family members are unwell that the whole team is working together to provide exceptional health services."
Dr Ewen McPhee, Emerald Medical Group