Long-term journey towards health & wellbeing
Our story began over two years ago when the Australian Digital Health Agency (the Agency) partnered with eHealth NSW and the Sydney Children’s Hospital Network (SCHN) to harness the power of technology to support children in Australia on their long-term journey towards health and wellbeing from birth to young age.
Commitment to support Australian families and communities
In 2017 the National Children’s Digital Health Collaborative (the Collaborative) was founded. We are committed to developing digital health solutions that support Australian families, mothers-to-be and communities in:
- Making Australia a safe, considerate and thriving place to raise healthy children;
- Having consistent and easily accessible health records available for all children;
- Identifying and following up on developmental milestones that are essential in every child's health record;
- Determining long-term health outcomes and supporting every child on their journey to overall wellbeing; and
- Understanding the importance of long-term health, beginning with birth; and
- Having access to well-structured and accessible health information supporting growth and development of every child in Australia.
Groundbreaking work that impacts your communities
We have been undertaking ground breaking work that forms the first step in supporting the creation of a more comprehensive digital health record for every child born in Australia.
The work we do, will impact you, your family and your communities by:
- Empowering you to be a partner in your children’s care with your healthcare providers;
- Providing you with easy access to and control of your health information;
- Integrating and better-coordinating care for children and young people; and
- Enhancing the quality of children’s care through building a lifetime digital health record from birth.
Harnessing the power of digital technology
Through our work we have engaged with over 1,500 stakeholders involved in children’s health and wellbeing across Australia. Together working towards one vision:
To harness the power of digital technology to make Australia the best place in the world to raise healthy children, and to ensure all Australian children – irrespective of location, socioeconomic status or cultural background – have the same opportunity to be healthy, safe and thriving.
We are proud and celebrate the milestones we have achieved so far. Please sign up for our newsletter here to receive more information and updates on the work we do.